We believe in creating health, vibrance, and well-being for our families and our communities. With this goal in mind, a coalition of groups in the state called the California eHealth Initiative is working to improve the accuracy and efficiency of healthcare. This includes health IT, electronic health records (EHR), telemedicine, and electronic health information. This also includes creating IT jobs in California to create a vibrant and robust health workforce. When used in a systematic and thoughtful way, eHealth can transform healthcare as we know it.
Our goal is dramatically improving safe and secure patient and provider access to personal health information and decision-making processes. We believe this will benefit the health, wellbeing, safety, efficiency, and quality of care for all Californians.
We want to give you as much information as we can about eHealth and help you find what you are looking for.
On these pages, you’ll:
- discover our ultimate goals and objectives
- learn about who we are and how we’re connected
- explore the initiatives propelling eHealth forward in California
- learn the difference between HIT and HIE and other eHealth acronyms
- read about Cal eConnect, the governance agency helping to meet our mission
eHealth is constantly evolving, and we want you to stay ahead of what’s happening. So visit early and visit often for updates and new information. Thank you for your interest and support.